Legal Questions & Answers

My Landlord Has Threatened To Change The Locks To The Apartment If I Do Not Pay My Rental Arrearage. Can He Do This?

No. As a tenant, you are entitled to a Notice to Quit and a Summons for a hearing in court for nonpayment of rent. The landlord cannot use self-help to evict a tenant.